- We believe that the Bible is the actual Word of God, which is trustworthy in every respect, and therefore is our only rule for matters of faith and life.
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16, NIV)
- We believe that humanity having rejected God and fallen under His wrath in Paradise, is incapable of reconciling itself to God.
"No man can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for him – the ransom for a life is costly, no payment is ever enough – that he should live on forever and not see decay." (Psalm 49:7-9, NIV)
- We believe that Jesus is the eternal Son of God, who came down to this earth to give His life as a sacrifice for our sins and to pay the penalty for these acts of disobedience against God.
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross." (Colossians 1:15-20, NIV)
- We believe that faith in Jesus Christ alone is our only hope, both for this life and the life to come, and it is only He who can make things right between God and us.
"Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: ‘‘Rulers and elders of the people! If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a cripple and are asked how he was healed, then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. He is ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone.’ Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”" (Acts 4:8-12, NIV)
- We believe that Jesus will return as promised by God and will sit in judgment on all humanity. Those who have depended on His saving work alone to save them will go to heaven, those who have rejected Him will go to Hell.
"At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered. Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever." (Daniel 12:1-3, NIV)
- We believe that our lives should reflect our faith in our daily behaviour, and that we should also channel God's grace to one another in the community in which we live.
"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." (Ephesians 5:1-2, NIV)